Almost made it through an entire set on stage without any bizzare happenings last night until near the end when I suddenly felt what seemed like a pulse of energy zip through my field. It was right before I was supposed to bust a freestyle in double time over a beat that's pretty fast already, and I was having a bit of an anxious feeling. Then the energy burst. I started to cough. Drank some water. Suddenly looked over at the keyboard player, who looked like he was having a bit of a moment too.
When we got off stage, he told me that his keyboard had suddenly turned itself off.
I was so stunned I ended up completely failing on the freestyle. The mic was zapping my lips and I felt a buzz through my whole body, like how I felt after that time that I electrocuted myself.
Ended up dancing it off, but I must say, I could really go for just one stage experience that doesn't involve some type of technological malfunction.
Or maybe it's just really my lesson that I'm in the wrong business.